The behavior on reconnect depends on the channel(s) via which the customer and agent are engaged:
- Live Assist has an auto-reconnect feature that will enable a customer to get back into a chat with the same agent within a 40-second time frame, if a connection fails.
- Uses a secure websocket (WSS) connection from consumer to cloud and another from cloud to agent. If a connection is lost, then it will make repeated attempts to reconnect with an increasing back-off between attempts.
- Voice/Video (future)
- Live Assist uses WebRTC for exchanging media from between consumer and cloud, and between cloud and agent. We have two main strategies for handling poor network conditions:
- Use PLI/NACK/ULPFEC to handle packet loss.
- Adaptive bitrate for video using REMB. This allows the bitrate of the video to be varied - lowering or raising the bitrate as network conditions allow.
Comments are disabled on these articles if you require help contact: email@example.com